Booking, Booking Modification and Cancellation Policy
Hotel Activity SOP & Commitment to Cleanliness
Operational Consideration for Acommodation Sector by WHO
Hospitals in Bali for Covid Patient
Thank you for continuing your support to Handara Golf & Resort, we have taken a number of precaution steps related to the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in order to maintain a safe, secure environment for our valued guests and employees by following guidelines from WHO and the local health departments. Our management teams are also on standby 24/7 to support the property hotel with local and regional authorities.
BOOKING, BOOKING MODIFICATION, AND CANCELLATION
Should you have any direct booking (via telephone, email, or official website) including Non-Refundable bookings at our properties, you can modify the booking to any future date by contacting our reservation team.
For any bookings made with third-party Travel Agents or OTAs, please contact the respective agents regarding their modification and cancellation policy.
Failure to arrive at the property without making official cancellation or modification will be treated as a No-Show.
HOTEL ACTIVITY & COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS
Our Hotel Activity SOP
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests during on the property. On a daily basis, our golf and hotel team are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to the guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Specific steps we are taking include:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Cleaning Products and Practices: Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting procedures to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms, and even room keys, parking area, hotel entrance, lobby, restaurant, Golf Equipment, and Spa.
Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff lockers, storage rooms, all back offices and staff offices.
Following closely to WHO situation report on the spread of Corona virus, the Indonesian government has suspended its visa exemption policy for a short-stay visits, visa-on-arrival and diplomatic/service visa-free facilities for all countries.
Please see below information regarding the government policy should you intend to travel to Bali.
- All foreigners/travelers who wish to visit Indonesia must obtain a visa from Indonesian missions in accordance with the purpose of their visit. Upon submission, applicants must provide health certificate issued by relevant health authorities from their respective countries.
- The health certificate must be valid and shown to the airlines staff during check-in. The traveler is prohibited to enter or transit Indonesia if he/she could not show his/her health certificate from health authority.
- All visitors/travelers must complete and submit a Health Alert Card to the Port Health Authority upon arrival at Indonesian airports.
- Should the travel history indicate that a person has travelled to the government-concerned countries in the last 14 days; such person may be refused entry to Indonesia.
- For Indonesian citizen who have traveled specifically to areas which mentioned above, therefore he/she will have additional check-up at the arrival airport by the Port Health Authority.
This policy is effective starting on Friday, March 20th 2020 at 00.00 local Jakarta time. This policy is temporary and will be evaluated according to the development of Covid-19 cases. The passengers whom affected because of this policy may please contact representatives of local government authorities.
Information of the policy can be accessed through Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Indonesia website. These measures are temporary and shall be evaluated pursuant to further development.
OFFICIAL HOSPITALS IN BALI FOR COVID-19 PATIENTS
The Sanglah General Hospital in Denpasar, Sanjiwani General Hospital in Gianyar regency, Tabanan General Hospital and Buleleng General Hospital are officially the four hospitals in Bali that will handle possible COVID-19 patients. The main public hospital in Bali is RSUP Sanglah Hospital located in Denpasar the biggest hospital on the island and has English speaking staff, an international wing and specialists available.
RSUP Sanglah Hospital
Address: Jalan Diponegoro, Dauh Puri Klod, Denpasar Barat, Kota Denpasar
Contact: +62 361 227 911
RSUD Sanjiwani Gianyar
Address: Jalan Ciung Wanara-Gianyar No.2, Gianyar, Kec. Gianyar
Contact: +62 361 943020
Address: Jalan Pahlawan, Delod Peken, Kec. Tabanan, Tabanan
Contact: +62 361 811027
Address: Jalan Ngurah Rai No.30, Astina, Kec. Buleleng
Contact: +62 362 22046